Fully Furnished 3 Bedroom Apt. in Belmont, MA
Map: Woodland St., Belmont,
Belmont is a small residential Boston suburban town located between Waltham, Cambridge, Arlington, and Watertown.
Available: 15 August 2013
To inquire, click here. (It's a contact form for my consulting business. I work from home.)
No agent's fee
$1,800 per month
First and last months' rent, and 1 month security deposit at signing of
- Pets negotiable
- the apartment is the 2nd and 3rd floor of an owner-occupied two-family home.
- fully furnished, including fully equipped kitchen, linens, towels, television, radios, alarm clocks. Just bring your suitcases!
- 3 bedrooms
- eat-in kitchen, with dishwasher and dispose-all,
- living room
- 1 full bathroom
- coat room
- washer and dryer, located in the apartment
- attic storage
- storage shed in yard (for bicycles and outdoor toys)
- spacious, partially fenced back yard, good for kids
- driveway parking for 2 cars (inline, not side by side)
- free broadband fiber optic internet connection, both cat5 and wireless.
- 2 window air conditioners
- Tenant pays for heat and electricity. 2-zone baseboard radiator heat, gas-fired, with programmable smart thermostats. Gas hot water. Average annual gas bill averages about $50/month.
Electricity averages around $45/mo. Both vary greatly by season and weather conditions.
- renovations in 2010: new washer & dryer
- renovations in 2010: new garbage disposal
- renovations in 2008: new heating system
- renovations in 2006: new hot water heater
- renovations in 2003: new electric cooktop, new storage shed, repainted the living room,
master bedroom, and all of 3rd floor
- renovations in 2002: new patio
- renovations in 2001: new dishwasher, rebuilt rear mini-deck and stairway, new kitchen
light/ceiling-fan; new hall carpeting, new bedroom light/ceiling fan
- renovations in 2000: new refrigerator; new washer/dryer; new bathroom sink,
vanity, mirror, lighting; new thermal windows; new kitchen floor; new entry-area floor; programmable
thermostat; new roof
Belmont Public Schools (one
of the best school districts in Massachusetts). Easy walking
distance to Butler Elementary, Chenery Middle School, and Belmont High
Very close to town field (also known as Kendall Field) and its well-equipped
Close to public transportation. 10 minute walk to the #73
bus to Harvard Square or to the Fitchburg
Commuter Rail line. It's a 12 minute walk to the #554
bus to Waltham, West Newton, and Downtown Boston.
Quiet, family neighborhood. Woodland St. is a short, non-through
street, with 5 houses on each side, about half of which are 2-family residences,
and the other half are single-family. It's a tight-knit neighborhood.
Two of the homeowners on the street previously rented here, and 3 families
on the street have moved to homes on the same street.
Here is an extensive collection of photos of the property.
From the Front
The main entrance is to this apartment. There's an entrance on the
side which is to the owner's unit.
Town field is visible from the front yard. This is a view of the
field from the next door neighbor's yard. Not visible in this photo
is the large playground, to the left of this first view.
This is a view from the 2nd floor of part of the back yard. This
shed has since been repainted to match the house. There is another
shed, about 1/4th this size for the tenant's use. This shed will
be replaced in the spring.
6'x3.5' - 1.83m x 1.07m. There's a coat rack and shoe rack here.
It's a good place to take off and store wet and muddy boots.
Central Hallway and Coat Room
14.5'x3.5' - 4.42m x 1.07m. The coat room is 6' x 4.5' - 1.83m x 1.37m.
The Front Room
This is the view from the bathroom. To the left is the stairs down
to the front door. Immediately to the left (not visible) is the entrance
to the kitchen, and to the right (not visible) is the entrance to the living
room. The doorway that's partially visible on the right is to the
3rd floor, and the doorway behind that is to the front room. At the
far end is the coat room. Inside the coat room is a large wardrobe
(not visible), and a coat rack (visible, but hard to identify).
12'x12.5 - 3.66m x 3.81m
This room can be used as a bedroom, office, sitting room, or guest
room. These photos show it set up as a sitting room. The closet is 3' - 0.91m wide.
The Living Room
12'x12.5 - 3.66m x 3.81m with a 2.5' - 0.76m closet
The kitchen is irregularly shaped. It's 21.5' - 6.55m long. The width in the eating area is 9.5' - 2.9m; in the sink area it's 7.5' - 2.29m; and in the middle it's 7' - 2.13m.
viewed from the hallway
viewed from the cooking area
range top is slightly visible to the left. The dishwasher is hiden
by the built-in oven.
11.5' x 10' - 3.51m x 3.05m with a 6.5' - 1.98m closet. The closet has a closet organizing system with upper and lower hanging rods to make maximum utilization of the space. This bedroom is accessed via the living room.
6' x 7' - 1.83m x 2.13m
The third floor is converted attic space, which makes it a slightly awkward room. However, it's the largest room in the apartment. These photos show
it set up as a bedroom/living room for two teenage boys. It can also
be set up as an office, living room, exercise room, or guest room.
The awkwardness comes from the fact that the stairs come up in the middle
of the room, separating the floorspace into two usable areas. The
ceilings are also pitched inward, except for one area that has a large
dormer. The area with the dormer is 10' x 14' - 3.05m x 4.27m and includes a 3.5' - 1.07m closet. The other area is 12' x 9' - 3.66m x 2.74m. There are access doors here to the attic storage areas, which have lots of storage room for suitcases, boxes, etc.